Classes provide an opportunity to improve skills needed as workers, students, family members and citizens in Rhode Island and the US.
What classes you take at DIIRI depends on your needs, skill level and employment goals.
Your choices are:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) so you can speak, read and write in English
- Adult Basic Education to improve your reading, writing and math skills
- High School Equivalency (HSE) such as GED
- Basic Carpentry
- Historic Window Restoration
- Administrative Assistant Training
- Certified Interpreter Training
- Direct Support Professional
Admissions is on a rolling basis with classes meeting at a variety of times including evening:
Note: Participants must pre-register, complete a CASAS test and other assessment, and attend an orientation prior to starting training.